Despite their poetic name, love handles are often feared by women… This fat located at the hips is not the most pleasant. How do they appear and how to make them melt quickly? Find all our solutions to get rid of love handles for good!
How do love handles happen?
Love handles are simply an accumulation of fat just above the hips that is commonly seen in men and women. These bulges occur as a result of:
- bad eating habits
- a lack of physical activity
- unhealthy lifestyle
It has been found that excessive consumption of refined sugars such as white bread, sweetened drinks and all kinds of sweets promotes fat storage in the hips. Add to this a sedentary lifestyle, regular alcohol consumption and lack of sleep thenyou have the perfect cocktail for this undesirable excess fat.
However, do not be discouraged! You’ll regain your pretty hips in no time at all by :
- rebalancing your diet little by little (some tips here),
- practicing a regular sport activity (including targeted exercises)
- taking care of yourself
Adopt targeted care for love handles
Some slimming care products contain active ingredients that activate lipolysis or thermogenesis and thus activate the removal of fat. Some active ingredients are renowned for their slimming properties. This is notably the case of caffeine, certain types of algae and certain flowers such as the sacred lotus. Thanks to their slimming formulas, slimming creams help to reduce localized excess fat.
Getting rid of love handles through dieting
For any person, man or woman, wishing to lose the love handles, it will be essential to adopt a healthy and balanced diet.
- First of all, eliminate or reduce your consumption of processed foods (rich in fat, refined sugars, and packed with salt) as much as possible. These include pastries, deli meats, cakes, candies, sweetened beverages, and ready meals.
- Choose the most natural foods possible and try to cook your meals at home. By eating quality food you will provide your body with what it needs to lose hips quickly.
- Be sure to include foods rich in vitamins and minerals at every meal. Fruits and vegetables contain an abundance of them.
- Consume quality fats, rich in omega 3, which you will find in nuts, avocado, and oily fish.
- Don’t forget to have a sufficient supply of protein. You will find it in eggs, fish and white meat. They will help maintain your muscle mass and provide your body with energy.
- It is also important to eat at least 3 times a day at regular times: you will set your body in a routine that will help it to function at full capacity. The most complete and richest meal will ideally be in the morning. You will gradually burn off these calories throughout the day. In the evening, try to reduce your intake of carbohydrates, which tend to store as fat overnight.
Also read : How do you lose a belly
Exercise to melt love handles
To lose the love handles in a minimum amount of time, it will be necessary to act on two fronts: do specific exercises (targeting the abdominal belt and obliques) combined with a fundamental workout focused on cardio and overall weight loss.
You will need to strengthen the abdominal belt and obliques with weight training exercises that will help you lose fat tissue from this area. Also, by making your abs and obliques stand out, you will visually enhance your waist. The ideal way to lose the love handles will be to practice the exercises below at least 4 times a week with a minimum of 4 sets.
This exercise is very effective for working the obliques. In a horizontal position on your side, feet on the ground, keep your body in a sheathing position by leaning on your forearm. Do 4 series while remaining in the same position for 30 seconds on each side, increase by a few seconds at each session.
The lateral crunch
Lying on your back, hands behind your head and legs crossed (one above the other), bring the opposite elbow to the raised leg, contracting the abs and obliques. Do 4 sets of 20 repetitions and lengthen the sets as you progress.
The board effectively targets the abs. It is similar to the sideboard but this time both elbows are used and you stay in the stomach position facing the ground. Try to maintain the position for 30 seconds at the beginning of your program and increase the time afterward.
Very similar to the side crunch, this time both your feet are on the ground and you raise your bust by contracting your abs from the front. Perform 4 sets of 20 repetitions.
Cardio (or aerobic) training is ideal to get rid of fat tissue quickly. You burn a lot of calories as you work all the muscles of your body in endurance training. Some sports such as swimming, running, or cycling are very effective in melting love handles.
Finally, to get rid of the love handles, it’s up to you to choose your favorite sport! The important thing is to practice physical activity regularly …and with pleasure!
Also read: What are flabby thighs?